What is Fracture
- Fracture involves break in the continuity of a bone
- Fracture is often diagnosed with X-ray or CT scan
Types of Fracture (Mechanism of Injury)
- Fracture caused by impaired bone condition (e.g. osteoporosis), rather
than excessive force or high speed trauma.
- Fracture caused by repetitive normal forces. This leads to bone strain
and subsequent fracture.
- Fracture caused by excessive force or high speed trauma
Fracture Induced Life-Threatening Injuries
- Arterial haemorrhage, or loss of blood characterized by excessive swelling
- Neurological damage, characterized by loss of sensation and muscle strength
- Organ damage.
Fracture Management - Prognosis (What Happens Next)
- Generally, fracture heals within 4-12 weeks. Healing time varies depending
on the type and location of fracture.
Fracture Management - Immobilization
- Immobilization provides joint stability, reduces pain, and encourages
bony union or fracture healing
- However, prolonged immobilization will induce muscle weakness, and
joint and muscle stiffness
Fracture Management - Benefits of Massage
- Massage induces pain relief.
- Massage breaks down muscle restrictions and scar tissues, thus
enhances mobility and reduces stiffness.
- Massage enhances circulation, which facilitates healing and reduces swelling.
- Massage induces proper alignment of the newly produced collagen fibers or
scar tissues post-fracture.
Best Richmond Massage I Ironwood Massage I Richmond BC
Steveston Medi Spa offers various massage services to facilitate
fracture healing, and help you combat the secondary impairments
associated with immobilization, including pain, swelling, and
1. What is Fracture? Medical News Today Web site.
Best Richmond Massage | Ironwood Massage I Vancouver Massage
We Would Love to Have You Visit Soon!
Mon: 10am - 8pm
Tue: 10am - 8pm
Wed: 10am - 8pm
Thu: 10am - 8pm
Fri: 10am - 8pm
Sat: 10am - 8pm
Copyright © 2012-2019 Steveston Medi Spa. Richmond Massage. Richmond, British Columbia